- City Manager's Office
- Economic Development Division
Economic Development Division
The Economic Development Division of the City Manager’s Office collaborates with residents, businesses, and community stakeholders to foster economic growth, strengthen neighborhood commercial districts, encourage sustainable redevelopment, and enhance the overall quality of life in the City of Wilton Manors.
The Economic Development Division is currently implementing the Wilton Manors Economic Development Strategic Plan that was completed in December 2016. Pursuant to the Strategic Plan, the Economic Development Division is actively working to:
- Promote the City as an attractive place for businesses to relocate
- Improve infrastructure to encourage business retention, growth, and expansion
- Collaborate with all City departments to further streamline the development process
- Encourage mixed use redevelopment strategies to enhance economic development/redevelopment along commercial corridors
- Maintain the quality of life in the City
Learn more about the City’s Economic Development Strategic Plan.
Whether you are getting ready to start a new business or looking to invest in the “Island City”, the Economic Development Division is available to assist you every step of the way. Our division offers a full range of services designed to nurture entrepreneurship and streamline the development process in Wilton Manors.
Business Concierge Services
The City of Wilton Manors offers business concierge services to assist companies and investors seeking to establish operations in the “Island City”. Our Economic Development Division serves as the primary point of contact to help the business community in navigating and expediting the permitting and regulatory process. The City’s Business Concierge can provide assistance with:
- Business Development
- Planning and Zoning
- Expedited Permitting
- Site Selection
- Market Data
- Workforce Development
- County and State Incentives
Opening a new business? Apply for your Local Business Tax Receipt.
Business Visitation Program
The City Manager’s Office recognizes the value of existing businesses in fueling the local economy and prioritizes one-to-one communication with stakeholders to help with retention and expansion of existing businesses in Wilton Manors.
The Economic Development Division encourages business owners and managers to reach out to the City and schedule on-site visits. The program provides our division the opportunity to learn more about your business, discuss your concerns, and identify resources to help your business thrive. Business Walks are typically scheduled on Tuesday mornings; however, our division will work with businesses to accommodate their needs.
Existing Wilton Manors businesses are the backbone of our local economy. Let’s grow together!
To schedule a meeting with our Economic Development Manager, please fill out the request form.
Starting on a new venture or taking your business to the next level? We’ve got you covered! The Economic Development Division brings together all the resources and tools that you need to get your business started or expand your current operations. Check out the links below to learn more about these resources.
Plan Your Biz
Get help with your business plan. Meet with a Business Coach. Work with a Mentor.
- Broward SCORE
- Florida SBDC at Florida Atlanta University
- U.S. Small Business Administration South Florida District Office
- Urban League of Broward County
Launch Your Biz
Get your permits and licenses. Find business grants and incentives. Finance your business venture.
- Black Business Investment Fund (BBIF)
- Broward County Business Tax Receipts
- City of Wilton Manors Business Tax Receipts
- Florida Department of Business & Professional Regulation
- Florida Division of Corporations – Sunbiz
Grow Your Biz
Expand your operations. Connect with other entrepreneurs. Elevate your business.
- Broward County Office of Economic and Small Business Development
- CareerSource Broward
- Florida Department of Economic Opportunity
- Greater Fort Lauderdale Alliance
- Greater Fort Lauderdale Chamber of Commerce
- Greater Fort Lauderdale LGBT Chamber of Commerce
- Wilton Drive Improvement District
- Wilton Manors Business Association