Since December 2019, we all have come to know that a virus has spread from country to country. In saying this, opportunists have also spread their claims of antidotes, free money, and door-to-door testing.
The Federal Bureau of Investigations, Federal Trade Commission, Cyber-security Infrastructure Security Agency, other federal agencies, and local media have provided warnings about these potential scammers. The Wilton Manors Police Department would like our community to be informed and stay vigilant in protecting themselves from the scammers.
- Reveal your personal identification information to any individual via email or phone.
- Respond to texts and/or emails about checks from the government
- Click on links/attachments from sources you don’t know, even if they look official
- Open your door to someone who is claiming they are conducting COVID19 testing
- Fact check information
- Know who you are purchasing items from (i.e. online sellers)
- Go directly to actual websites of
- CDC (www.cdc.gov)
- FBI (www.ic3.gov)
- CISA (www.cisa.gov)
- FTC (www.ftc.gov)
Links regarding COVID19 scams:
Information on Coronavirus:
Florida Health Department: https://floridahealthcovid19.gov/
Broward Health: http://broward.floridahealth.gov/
City of Wilton Manors Alerts: https://www.wiltonmanors.com/760/COVID-19-Information-and-Resources
The Wilton Manors Police Department stands ready to serve our community with any fraud related issues, should you need our assistance do not hesitate to contact us at 954-764-HELP (4357).