Business Enhancement Grant Program
The purpose of the Business Enhancement Grant Program, the “Program”, is to enhance the overall appearance of existing properties by providing an incentive to encourage private investment in the improvement of commercial buildings in the City of Wilton Manors.
To qualify for the Business Enhancement Grant Program, an application must meet the following criteria:
- The property must be located within the City of Wilton Manors
- The property must have no outstanding fees, taxes, fines, or liens to the City of Wilton Manors
- The proposed improvements must meet the requirements of the Development Review Committee (DRC), if applicable, as well as the requirements of Historic Preservation Board (HPB) if the property is designated as “historic” per the City Code of Ordinances
- The proposed improvements must conform to all applicable Federal, State, County, and City Code of Ordinances, and Unified Land Development Regulations
- The grant application must be submitted by a property owner or tenant with the approval of the property owner
- The property must not be a new construction (defined as a property built within the last 10 years at the time of application)
The Business Enhancement Grant Program provides funding to eligible businesses for building improvements up to $10,000 or 50% of the cost of improvements, whichever is less. Eligible improvements include exterior lighting, exterior signage, canopy, awnings, components of Green Building program ( https://library.municode.com/fl/wilton_manors/codes/code_of_ordinances?nodeid=ptiicoor_apxaunladere_art170wimagrbupr pursuant to Article 170 of the City Code of Ordinances), ADA improvements, hurricane impact doors and windows, exterior repair, stucco, painting, brick and textured pavement, murals, landscaping, hardscape improvements that are visible from the public right-of-way.
Funding for the program is awarded on a first come, first served basis. The grant amount shall be determined based on the lowest of at least three (3) qualified bids (except for mural projects). All building improvements made under the Business Enhancement Grant Program shall be properly maintained for a minimum of three (3) years following the completion of the improvements.