Hire an Off-Duty Police Officer
In order to efficiently respond to requests and manage employment of off-duty police officers, The Wilton Manors Police Department has partnered with Off Duty Management to provide services related to hiring off-duty officers effective January 20, 2020.
You may request to hire off-duty police officers for security through the Off Duty Management web-based service, OfficerTRAK®, or by calling the local number 954-406-8099 or toll-free 877-636-8300.
Off Duty Management provides the following to the customer:
- Online access to information through the OfficerTRAK® software including:
- Officer attendance
- Field notes and media files
- Post orders and instructions
- Past and future shift information
- Full liability coverage for the customer, the agency, and the officer
- 24/7 customer service through their toll-free number
- Dedicated point of contact for scheduling and invoicing
- Officer payroll
Organizations that have recurring needs for off-duty officers can establish an account and schedule billing cycles with off-duty management.
Prohibited Off-Duty Employment*:
- Extra- duty details and off duty employment or volunteer services shall not reflect any discredit upon or create a conflict of interest with the law enforcement profession, the City of Wilton Manors or the Wilton Manors Police Department.
- Department members are governed by all Department directives while engaged in extra-duty details. 3. The following off-duty employment shall not be permitted because of legal restrictions and/or a high degree of probability of a conflict of interest with police employment (FS 112.313):
a. Employment in connection with the sale of alcoholic beverages.
b. Employment as a bail bond agent or with a bail bond agent business.
c. Employment with any firm that has any connection with the towing of vehicles;
d. Employment with a taxi cab company;
e. Employment as a process server;
f. Employment as a private bodyguard;
g. Employment as a private investigator;
h. Employment with a law firm (except as an expert witness)
i. Employment as a bill collector; and
j. Any other employment deemed as a conflict of interest and/or discrediting to the Department.
To request service or obtain a quote, call Off Duty Management at 954-406-8099 or toll free at 877-636-8300.
For 24/7/365 assistance visit: