- Boards & Committees
- Parks and Recreation Advisory Board
Parks & Recreation Advisory Board
The Recreation Advisory Board makes recommendations to the City Commission regarding on the following items:
- All public parks, dedicated parks, playgrounds, parkways, undeveloped parklands and recreational facilities located within the City or on lands owned by the City.
- The acquisition, development and maintenance of parks, parkways and playgrounds in the City.
- The maintenance and conduct of playgrounds, recreational centers and other recreational activities in the city, and equipment, buildings and facilities thereon.
- The recommendation to establish rules and regulations for the operation of City recreational facilities and for the fees to be charged the public for the use and enjoyment thereof.
Recreation Advisory Board meetings are held on the third Thursday Bi-monthly.
The Recreation Advisory Board was created by ordinance and is located in the City's Code of Ordinances. The board's enacting Legislation can be found in Article III, Division 5 of the Code of Ordinances. Click here for direct link to Recreation Advisory board in Code of Ordinances.
If you are interested in serving on the Recreation Advisory Board, fill out the application, linked below, and submit to the City Clerk's Office, at CityClerk@wiltonmanors.com. The Recreation Advisory Board does not have residency requirements however it is strongly preferred if applicants have a professional background in parks, recreation programing, park planning, etc.
Recreation Advisory Board Application
When there is a board opening applicants will be asked to attend the City Commission Meeting to introduce themselves to the Commission prior to selection and appointment. Applications are held for one (1) year, expiring at the end of each calendar year.
GOALS & ACCOMPLISHMENTS
2018 Recreation Advisory Board Goals & Accomplishments
2019 Recreation Advisory Board Goals & Accomplishments
2020 Recreation Advisory Board Goals & Accomplishments
2021 Recreation Advisory Board Goals & Accomplishments
2022 Recreation Advisory Board Goals & Accomplishments
|Board Member||Term Expiration Date|
|Michelle Parks, Staff Liaisonfirstname.lastname@example.org|
AGENDAS & MINUTES
Recreation Advisory Board Agenda Center